What happens once I’m accepted?
- You’ll receive an email from us regarding your admission approximately 3 business days after receiving your complete application package, including all required application documents. However, for some programs it will take up to 3 weeks to receive your admissions decision due to the host institution’s admissions procedure (such ASA’s program in Cambridge, England). Once again, your application cannot be processed until ALL the required documents have been received.
- Accepted students must visit our Information Library and read our Guide to Study Abroad! STUDENT VISA INFORMATION is available in our Information Library, and our Guide to Study Abroad will answer many of your pre-departure questions about financial aid, housing, how much spending money you should bring, booking your flight, cell phones, and more.
- Once you’re accepted, there will be additional paperwork for you to complete, as well as other tasks such as making financial arrangements to pay your program fees, booking your flight, and applying for a student visa (if applicable).
- If you’re planning to pay for the program with financial aid, it’s important you read our Financial Aid Guidelines!
- Housing Assignments: You will receive confirmation of your housing assignment 1-2 weeks prior to departure, via email.
- Financial Aid Verification Form (FAV) – Must be completed by your school’s Financial Aid Office and submitted to ASA by the Forms & Payment Deadline for your program. If you’re planning to pay for the program with financial aid, please also read our Financial Aid Guidelines.
- Proof of Physical Examination – Must be completed by your doctor and submitted to ASA before departure. (If you have had a physical within 1 year before your departure date, you can provide us with a copy of that instead.)