Welcome to ASA’s Information Library!
- This is a resource for both students and parents, where you’ll find helpful information about studying abroad with ASA. We understand that you have a lot of questions on your mind now that you’re thinking about or preparing to study abroad, and the information below will answer many of them! Below you’ll also find frequently needed forms for accepted students.
- If you have questions about how to apply and how to make sure your credits transfer back to your home university, please read these FAQs.
- We strongly encourage both prospective students and parents, as well as those who have already been accepted to an ASA program, to read our Pre-Departure Guide for Students and Parents. In this guide you’ll learn tons of tips, as well as what to plan for and what to expect when you study abroad.
Our Pre-Departure Guide for Students and Parents covers the following topics:
- Payment and Financial Aid
- Vaccinations & Prescription Medication
- Medical Care and Insurance
- Money, Banking and Budgeting
- Cell Phones
- Travel Arrangements / Airport Pick-up
- What to Pack
- And more!
Our Site-Specific Guides cover topics specific to each program location, such as Student Visa, Housing, Internet access, etc:
- Aix-en-Provence, France
- Barcelona, Spain
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Cuzco, Peru
- Dublin, Ireland (Griffith College Dublin)
- Dublin, Ireland (National University of Ireland, Maynooth)
- Florence, Italy
- Lima, Peru
- London England (London South Bank University)
- London, England (University of the Arts London)
- Oxford, England
- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Sevilla, Spain
- Vina del Mar, Chile
Student Visa Information (applies to U.S. passport holders only)
IMPORTANT! DO NOT PLAN ANY INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL DURING THE 3 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE START OF YOUR PROGRAM. Students going to Spain, France, Italy or Chile for a semester/academic year and students going to the UK for an academic year - you must leave your passport at the Consulate while your visa is being processed (up to a full 60 days prior to your departure date).
- Argentina – all students
- Chile – semester students
- Chile – summer students
- Costa Rica – Because all ASA programs in Costa Rica are under 12 weeks long, U.S. passport holders need not apply for a visa prior to departure.
- Italy – semester/academic year students (Student Visa not required for summer programs)
- Ireland – semester students
- Ireland – summer students
- France – semester/academic year students + Campus France Instructions (Student Visa not required for summer programs)
- Peru – semester/summer students
- Scotland – all students
- Spain – semester/academic year students (Student Visa not required for summer programs)
- United Kingdom semester/summer students
- United Kingdom – academic year students
How to Book your Flight
ASA International Medical Insurance Policy (included with all ASA programs)
- Financial Aid Verification Form (FAV) If you’re planning to pay for the program with financial aid, please read our Financial Aid Guidelines!
- Proof of Physical Examination form - At least 2 weeks before departure, you must send ASA this completed Proof of Physical form, completed by your doctor during a recent physical examination. You will have to schedule a physical examination with your doctor in order to fulfill this requirement.