ASA’s student medical benefits are second to none in the study abroad field. These benefits are included in every program cost and provide an added level of protection above a student’s U.S. medical insurance.
The following are some of the benefits our comprehensive medical insurance provides:
- 100% coverage with no deductible for up to $250,000 of Medical Expenses per Covered Accident or Sickness.
- Pre-existing conditions are covered up to a maximum of $10,000.
- Access to the doctor or hospital of your choice, whether public or private
- Emergency Medical Reunion, which provides a budget of up to $13,500 for a parent to visit their son/daughter if they are hospitalized for more than 5 days
- Up to $100,000 coverage for Security Evacuations
- Up to $100,000 coverage for Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Up to $100,000 repatriation coverage
- Trip Interruption Benefit, which provides a budget of up to $2,500 for a plane ticket home in the event the student’s trip is interrupted due to the death or unforeseen serious illness/injury of an immediate family member (spouse, child, parent or sibling)
- Above coverage is valid worldwide (except for in the United States), so if students travel outside their host country during the official ASA program dates, they are still covered by our plan
In addition to providing comprehensive medical insurance, ASA has taken additional measures to ensure our students’ safety and security. Please visit our Health & Safety page for additional information.