ASA is pleased to offer an Early Start Program in conjunction with both the Fall and Spring Semester programs in Aix-en-Provence, France!
The Early Start Program begins one week before the semester officially starts and is designed to help students at any French level get the most out of their semester.
The Early Start program is the perfect opportunity for students to brush up on their French in a fun and relaxed environment! In addition, you’ll have an extra week to settle in and get adjusted to life in France. If you haven’t taken French in a while or are just feeling unsure about your language ability, the Early Start program would be perfect for you. Students who participate in the Early Start program will earn 1 credit, consisting of 15 in-class hours.
Early Start Highlights!
- Jump-start the language immersion process in a fun and relaxed setting
- Have extra time to ease into French culture and get to know the city of Aix-en-Provence
- Move into your homestay a week early
- Earn one course credit
- Gain confidence in your language skills and feel more comfortable communicating with locals
- Small class sizes with lots of personal attention in an interactive, hands-on class environment
- Learn to navigate the city of Aix-en-Provence through local excursions
- French culture lectures so you can get the most out of your semester
- Learn about important culture differences, such as body language, etiquiette, do’s and don’ts, French homestay expectations, stereotypes and misunderstandings
- Meet local French and foreign students through IAU College
- Learn where to buy the best croissant in town
- Become a French insider!
The Early Start semester program costs an additional $985. Pricing is reflected on the ASA Dates, Prices & Deadlines page.
If you are already accepted to the ASA Aix-en-Provence program and are interested in adding this option to your semester, simply speak with your ASA program advisor! If you are curious about Early Start and would like to know more about it, please contact ASA at 617-327-9388!
For Semester Course Offerings for the ASA Aix-en-Provence program, please click here.