Thank you for deciding to apply to ASA!
Applicants, please take note:
- Application Deadlines can be found on our Dates, Prices & Deadlines page. STUDENTS MUST TURN IN ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION BY THE APPLICATION DEADLINE (TRANSCRIPT, ETC.) An application is not complete until ASA has received all the required documents.
- It’s always best to apply early, as we are on rolling admissions, and some of our most popular programs (such as Barcelona & Florence) sometimes fill up before the deadline. In addition, for some programs, classes are assigned on a first come, first served basis, in which case, the earlier you apply, the better chance you have of getting the classes you want.
- For most programs, you will hear from us regarding your acceptance within approximately 3 business days of receiving your complete application package. However, for some programs it will take up to 3 weeks to receive your admissions decision due to the host institution’s admissions procedure (such as Cambridge). Once again, your application cannot be processed until ALL the required documents have been received.
- 2 weeks after the Application Deadline is the Forms and Payment Deadline, by which you must submit full payment for your program fees (or financial aid verification). Students may be subject to a late fee if they apply after the Application Deadline or do not complete their post-acceptance forms and make their financial arrangements by the Forms & Payment Deadline.
- ASA cannot accept applications from outside of the U.S. or Canada.
HAVE A VALID PASSPORT.
A VALID PASSPORT IS ONE THAT DOES NOT EXPIRE WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF YOUR RETURN DATE FROM ABROAD.
In order to meet mandatory enrollment requirements and deadlines of the host institution, applicants for the following ASA programs MUST provide a copy of their valid passport at the time of application: Barcelona, Cambridge, Cuzco, Dublin (Maynooth University), Lima, London, Oxford, and the January Term Traveling Seminar. If you are applying for one of these programs and may not have your passport by the application deadline, please call us at 888-845-4272. We can tell you if there is any flexibility and advise you on the best course of action.
If your program doesn’t require a copy of your passport at the time of application, you will be expected to provide a copy of your valid passport immediately after being accepted to the program.
If you don’t have a passport yet, we advise you to apply for one immediately. If you already have a passport, please check the expiration date! If your passport expires anytime between now and 6 months after the day you plan to return home from abroad, you cannot travel with that passport and must have it renewed immediately. (The airline will bar you from boarding your flight if your passport expires within 6 months.) If you need a new passport or a renewal, please do not delay, as they take up to 6 weeks to process by regular service! You can also pay extra for expedited service, which takes 2-3 weeks. Expedited service is strongly recommended. Click here to apply for a passport!
In order to have enough time to apply for a Student Visa, students applying for semester programs in Spain, Italy, France, and Chile, and academic year and internship programs in the UK, will need your valid (not expired) passport in hand at least 4 months prior to departure.
MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.
AGE: You must be at least 18 years of age.
COLLEGE PREPARATION: For most ASA programs, you must have completed one to two semesters of college. However, this varies, as some programs simply require that you have graduated from high school. To make sure you have the necessary college preparation, click here.
GPA: The minimum GPA requirement varies by program. To see the GPA requirement for each of our programs, click here.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: To find out what documents you will need to send us in order to apply, click here. For all applicants, a transcript will be required. Most programs require an official transcript. Additional required documentation varies by program and may include one or more of the following: recommendation letter, personal statement/essay, portfolio of work, or résumé. Once again, you can click here to find out exactly what application documents you will need to send in to apply for your program of choice.
$50 APPLICATION FEE (NON-REFUNDABLE) AND $100 PROGRAM DEPOSIT: When you fill out our application online (see next step), you will be prompted to pay the $50 application fee (non-refundable) and $100 program deposit by credit or debit card. Click here for our program deposit and fees refund policy.
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION.
ASA Contact Info:
16 Cohasset Street
Roslindale, MA 02131
Tel: 888-845-4272 / 617-327-9388