Welcome to ASA’s Information Library!
- This is a resource for both students and parents, where you’ll find helpful information about studying abroad with ASA. We understand that you have a lot of questions on your mind now that you’re thinking about or preparing to study abroad, and the information below will answer many of them! Below you’ll also find frequently needed forms for accepted students.
- If you have questions about how to apply and how to make sure your credits transfer back to your home university, please read these FAQs.
- We strongly encourage both prospective students and parents, as well as those who have already been accepted to an ASA program, to read our Pre-Departure Guide for Students and Parents In this guide you’ll learn tons of tips, as well as what to plan for and what to expect when you study abroad.
Our Pre-Departure Guide for Students and Parents covers the following topics:
- Vaccinations & Prescription Medication
- Medical Care and Insurance
- Money, Banking and Budgeting
- Cell Phones
- What to Pack
- And more!
Our Site-Specific Guides cover topics specific to each program location, such as Student Visa, Housing, Internet access, etc:
- Aix-en-Provence, France
- Barcelona, Spain + Housing & Culture Handbook
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Cuzco, Peru
- Dublin, Ireland (Griffith College Dublin)
- Dublin, Ireland (Maynooth University semester program)
- Dublin, Ireland (Maynooth University summer program)
- Florence, Italy
- Lima, Peru
- London England (London South Bank University)
- London, England (University of the Arts London semester program)
- London, England (University of the Arts London summer program)
- Madrid, Spain + Housing & Culture Handbook
- Oxford, England
- San José, Costa Rica
- Sevilla, Spain + Housing & Culture Handbook
- Sorrento, Italy
- Viña del Mar, Chile
Student Visa Information (applies to U.S. passport holders only)
IMPORTANT! PLEASE DO NOT PLAN ANY INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL DURING THE 3 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE START OF YOUR PROGRAM. Students going to Spain, France, Italy, or Chile for a semester/academic year and students going to the UK for an academic year – you will have to apply for a visa AND leave your passport at the Consulate while your visa is being processed – for up to a full 60 days prior to your departure date. Typically, U.S. passport holders do not have to apply for a visa for summer programs. If your passport is from another country, you may have to apply for a visa for a summer program and should not plan any international travel during the 3 months prior to your trip.
- Argentina – all students
- Chile – semester students
- Chile – summer students
- Costa Rica – Because all ASA programs in Costa Rica are under 12 weeks long, U.S. passport holders need not apply for a visa prior to departure.
- Italy – semester/academic year students
- Italy – summer students – Visa not required for programs under 90 days (U.S. passport holders only)
- Ireland – semester and summer students
- France – CampusFrance info for semester/academic year students + Visa Instructions
- France – summer students – Visa not required for programs under 90 days (U.S. passport holders only)
- Peru – semester/summer students
- Scotland – all students
- Spain – semester/academic year students
- Spain – summer students – Visa not required for programs under 90 days (U.S. passport holders only)
- United Kingdom semester/summer students
- United Kingdom – academic year students
How to Book your Flight
ASA International Medical Insurance Policy (included with all ASA programs)
- Financial Aid Verification Form (FAV) If you’re planning to pay for the program with financial aid, please read our Financial Aid Guidelines!
- Proof of Physical Examination form – At least 2 weeks before departure, you must send ASA this completed Proof of Physical form, completed by your doctor during a recent physical examination. You will have to schedule a physical examination with your doctor in order to fulfill this requirement. (If you’ve already had a physical within the last year, you can send us a copy of those exam results in lieu of getting a new physical.)