|Eligibility Rules:||click here|
|Language:||All classes are taught in English.|
Griffith College Semester subjects offered: Accounting, Advertising, Business, Communications, Computer Science, Economics, Hospitality Management, Irish History and Culture, Journalism and Media, Marketing.
Maynooth University Semester subjects offered: Accounting, Anthropology, Ancient Classics, Applied Social Studies, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Computer Science, Design Innovation, Economics, Education, Electronic Engineering, English, European Studies, Experimental Physics, Finance, French, Geography, German, History, Irish Studies, Law, Mathematics, Mathematical Physics, Media Studies, Medieval Irish and Celtic Studies, Music, Philosophy, Politics, Portuguese, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish, Theology.
Maynooth University Summer subjects offered: Anthropology, Business, Economics, Environmental Politics, Literature. Click here for Course Offerings
Griffith College Semester students take 4-5 courses (called “modules”) for a minimum of 12 semester credits or a maximum of 16.
Maynooth University Semester students take 5-6 courses (called “modules”) for a minimum of 15 semester credits and a maximum of 18. Maynooth University Summer students take 2 modules for a total of 6 semester credits.
|Housing:||Students live in shared apartments in on campus residence halls. Internet is included. Meals are not included. For further details about housing in Dublin, please click here!|
|Sample Day Excursions:||Wicklow/Glendalough, Celtic Heritage Tour, Kilkenny & Kilkenny Castle|
|Sample Overnight Excursion:||Galway|
- Live and study in the heart of Dublin – Ireland’s largest city and capital!
- Take classes alongside Irish students
- Some of the friendliest people in Europe, who enjoy sharing their culture with foreigners
- Modern city with all the amenities, but retains a small-town feel
- Easy access to travel in the rest of Europe
- Fascinating political and cultural history
City Description – Medium city over 1 million
There are few better cities than Dublin, the capital of Ireland, in which to enjoy your time as a student. Dublin began as a Viking settlement over 1,000 years ago; now, it has a population of 1.5 million people. Today, Dublin strikes the perfect balance between a small town atmosphere with the excitement and amenities of a big city.
You will soon learn that the warm and friendly reputation of Irish people is not without merit! In no time, you’ll know how to ask, “Where’s the craic?” just like the locals do – craic being the Irish word for fun, banter, and good times.
A city of culture, Dublin boasts a wide variety of art galleries, museums, theatres, cinemas, shops, restaurants and cafés, nightclubs, and parks – all within easy walking distance of Griffith College Dublin.
Dublin is a university town with a proud tradition of learning and scholarship and a large student population. The city attracts young people from all over the world, who come to experience its legendary, lively ambiance. As a student at Griffith College Dublin, this is all literally at your doorstep.
Griffith College Dublin
Established in 1974, Griffith College Dublin is one of the top private universities in Ireland and enrolls about 5,000 students. Its seven-acre campus is located within walking distance of St. Stephen’s Green and the heart of Dublin. Griffith College offers small class sizes, lecturers known for their approachability, and classmates from Ireland and 56 other countries.
A great way to make new friends is to join the Students’ Union and take part in student clubs and societies, such as paintball, film society, soccer, cricket, or rugby. The Students’ Union also organizes weekly activities on campus, such as discos and trivia nights, as well as the Griffith Ball in the Spring. The crown jewel of the school year, the Griffith Ball is an extravagant formal occasion with dinner, live music, and dancing. It is never missed by our students attending the Spring semester!
ASA students attending Griffith College will live on campus in the Griffith Halls of Residence. The Griffith Halls of Residence consist of cluster flats, each with 2 double bedrooms, shared kitchen, and Internet access. Meals are not included. Students from all over the world live in the residence hall, making for a diverse and international atmosphere!
Student Ambassadors to Education in Ireland
Education in Ireland is an organization dedicated to raising awareness of the quality of Irish education. One of their newest initiatives is the Student Ambassador Program, recognized by the government of Ireland. ASA is proud to report that 3 ASA Griffith College students have been selected for this prestigious position! Student Ambassadors publish blogs, videos, and articles about their experiences in Ireland and receive high-level training in online communications. In addition to being an excellent résumé builder, being an ambassador has some pretty big perks. For example, past ambassadors were flown back to Ireland in the Spring as part of their ambassadorship, and the high point for two of our students was getting to meet the President of Ireland! Maybe you could be next!
National University of Ireland, Maynooth
Maynooth is Ireland’s only university town and has a population of about 12,500. Located only a 15-minute train ride from Dublin city, Maynooth gives you the best of both worlds – a safe, charming, small-town atmosphere plus easy access to Ireland’s modern capital city of 1.5 million.
Frequent and inexpensive bus and train service runs between Maynooth and Dublin approximately every half hour, making it convenient for students to enjoy Dublin’s nightlife, shopping, and museums. That said, being a university town, Maynooth has plenty of its own student-centered nightlife, and there’s always something going on!
Maynooth University traces its origins back to 1795. It is one of the top ranked universities in Ireland and welcomes over 8,400 students from more than 50 countries. Building on a tradition of scholarship and excellence in all aspects of its teaching and research, over 90% of Maynooth University faculty hold PhDs. Its vibrant and beautiful campus offers a friendly and personal atmosphere, as well as a first-class center of learning and research. At Maynooth University, you can have a true Irish university experience by studying amongst primarily Irish students.
Maynooth University is home to several world renowned research institutes, including: NCG (National Centre for Geocomputation), NIRSA (National Institute for Research and Spatial Analysis), and An Foras Feasa, the Institute for Research in Irish Historical and Cultural Traditions.
Maynooth University guarantees on-campus housing for all international students. The Halls of Residence consist of cluster flats, each with 4-8 single occupancy bedrooms, kitchen, and Internet access.
Maynooth University has over 100 student clubs and societies, catering to all interests. Just a few of the societies you could join include gospel choir, jazz, comedy, gaming, business, and Amnesty International. Maynooth University also has excellent sports facilities, including a swimming pool, fitness center, gymnasium, and 4 playing fields. Make new Irish friends by joining one of the university’s over 30 sports clubs, such as rugby, skiing, volleyball, basketball, hockey, kickboxing, equestrian, archery, soccer, or even ladies’ or men’s football. The nearby River Liffey plays host to the canoe and kayak club, and you can walk, golf, or ride horses at Carton Estate.
ASA students in Dublin will live on campus at their respective host university. Residence Halls at Griffith College consist of cluster flats, each with 2 double bedrooms, shared kitchen, and Internet access. Residence Halls at Maynooth University also consist of cluster flats, each with 4-8 single occupancy bedrooms, shared kitchen, and Internet access. Meals are not included. Students from all over the world live in the residence halls, making for a diverse and international atmosphere. Full details about ASA housing, as well as answers to commonly asked questions, can be found on our Housing page.
Semester programs include 1 overnight excursion and 2 day excursions. Summer programs include 2 day excursions. Destinations may vary by term. Past terms have included trips to:
- Galway (overnight excursion) – The ASA Galway trip is jam-packed with Irish culture! You’ll see Connemara and its megalithic tombs, the Cliffs of Moher (the most magnificent vista in all of Ireland), Burren National Park, Limerick, and even traditional sheep shearing demonstrations.
- Wicklow and Glendalough (day excursion) – See hidden Guinness Lake, breathtaking waterfalls, famous film locations such as Braveheart and P.S. I Love You, Wicklow National Park, and finally Glendalough, dating back to the 6th century.
- Celtic Heritage Tour (day excursion) – Experience 5,000 years of Ireland’s incredible history, legend, and folklore. We’ll visit prehistoric tombs, Celtic high crosses, ancient abbeys, and the Hill of Tara.
- Kilkenny and Kilkenny Castle (day excursion) – Kilkenny is a medieval walled city, and there’s no better place to wander, enjoying its ancient cobbled streets and old-world charm. Students will have a guided walking tour of Kilkenny City, including St. Canice’s Cathedral and Jerpoint Abbey. You’ll also tour the amazing Kilkenny Castle, built in 1195.
Please CLICK HERE for Costs and Dates.
What’s Included – Dublin
- HOUSING: Residence hall on campus at Griffith College or Maynooth University. Meals are not included, except the Maynooth University summer program, which includes lunch Mon-Fri. Rooms are double occupancy. (For further details about housing, please click here!)
- EXCURSIONS, semester programs: 1 overnight excursion & 2 day excursions.
- EXCURSIONS, summer programs: 2 day excursions.
- CULTURAL ACTIVITIES within Dublin (museum visits, walking tours, etc.)
- TUITION at Griffith College Dublin or Maynooth University.
- ACADEMIC CREDITS: Students who receive pre-approval from their home institution can transfer the credits they earn to their home institution. Possible number of credits: 12-18 (semester programs) or 6 (summer programs).
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT: At the conclusion of the program, an official transcript will be sent to your home institution. Final transcript for Griffith College Dublin program is issued by Griffith College Dublin. Final transcript for Maynooth University program is issued by Maynooth University.
- INTERNET ACCESS at their host institution campus and in housing.
- AIRPORT PICK-UP at Dublin (DUB) airport for students who arrive on the official arrival date by the designated time.
- MEDICAL INSURANCE: for a Description of Coverage, please visit our Information Library.
- SITE DIRECTOR: on-site to assist students with any academic or cultural difficulties they may encounter.
- VISA ADVISING: While students are ultimately responsible for obtaining their visa (if required for their term/host country), ASA will provide detailed, helpful information upon acceptance as to which visa students will need and how to go about applying for one. Please click here and scroll down to “Student Visa Information” to find out if a visa is required for your program.
- PRE-DEPARTURE ONLINE VIDEO PROGRAM (semester programs only), PRE-DEPARTURE PACKET & ON-SITE ORIENTATION
- Books & materials
- Local transportation
- Personal expenses
- Student Visa, if required
- Meals and laundry
- Meals on excursions
NOTE: If you need a “Costs of Attendance” budget for your financial aid office, or simply need more details about the additional costs listed above, please email chelsea(at)academicstudies.com.
Please CLICK HERE for detailed program itineraries.
If you have questions about HOW TO APPLY and make sure your credits transfer back to your home university, please CLICK HERE.
We encourage both prospective students and parents, as well as those who have already been accepted to an ASA program, to visit our INFORMATION LIBRARY. Here you will find tons of helpful info to help you know what to plan for and what to expect, such as:
- ASA Guide to Study Abroad
- Student Visa info
- Medical Insurance info
- Booking your flight
- Financial Aid info