|Fall 2017||click here for price||click here for dates|
|Spring 2018||click here for price||click here for dates|
Eligibility & GPA requirement: click here
Total contact hours: 225-270 per semester. 15 contact hours = 1 semester credit.
Possible U.S. Credits: 15-18 semester credits. Normal course load is 5 modules per semester.
Final transcript is issued by National University of Ireland, Maynooth.
Dublin, Ireland: National University of Ireland, Maynooth – Semester Course Offerings
At Maynooth University, classes or courses are called “modules.” An undergraduate degree program is called a “course.”
Most modules are worth 5 ECTS or 3 semester credits. Students will take 5 modules per semester.
All students MUST get a total of 8 modules approved by their academic advisor, in case of changes in module availability. That way, if a module is full or cancelled, or if 2 of the modules you want to take meet at the same time, you’ll already have back-ups that you know your school will accept. When you pre-register for modules (this happens after you’re accepted), you will have to list a total of 8 possible modules on your registration form, in order of preference. Maynooth University will not process your registration unless you list a total of 8 modules.
Maynooth University offers modules in the following SUBJECT AREAS:
- Ancient Classics
- Applied Social Studies
- Computer Science
- Design Innovation
- Electronic Engineering
- European Studies
- Experimental Physics
- Irish Language
- Irish Studies
- Mathematical Physics
- Media Studies
- Medieval Irish and Celtic Studies
Please follow these instructions to see specific Course Offerings by semester for the above-listed Subject Areas. Before clicking the link below, please read the following information! It will help you greatly in understanding how many credits each module is worth and when each module is offered.
- Click on the Subject Area you are interested in.
- Click the “Link” for the module you are interested in.
- The top of the module description will tell you: 1) when the course is offered, 2) how many credits it is worth, and 3) whether or not it is open to international students.
- Please note! Semester 1 = Fall. Semester 2 = Spring. Classes marked “Semester 1 and 2” are year-long classes and may only be taken if you are studying at Maynooth for the full academic year.
- Please note! The number of credits given does NOT designate U.S. credits. They are ECTS credits. To calculate the equivalent number of U.S. semester credits, multiply the number of ECTS credits by 0.6. Example: 5 ECTS = 3 U.S. semester credits.
- If the module is open to international students, you will see a green check mark next to “International.”
- Timetables (class schedules) for each academic year are posted in August (so, just before the beginning of the academic year).
- Click here to search for modules