|Spring Semester 2019 – Dublin, Ireland||click here for price||click here for dates||DIS2|
|Fall Semester 2019 – Dublin, Ireland||click here for price||click here for dates||DIF2|
Eligibility & GPA requirement: click here
Possible U.S. Credits: 12-18 semester credits. Normal course load is 4-5 modules per semester or 24-35 ECTS. (2 ECTS = approximately 1 U.S. semester credit. ECTS = European Credit Transfer System.)
Final transcript is issued by Maynooth University.
Dublin, Ireland: Maynooth University – Semester Course Offerings
At Maynooth University, classes or courses are called “modules.” An undergraduate degree program is called a “course.”
Most modules are worth 5 ECTS or approximately 3 semester credits. Students can enroll in anywhere between 24 and 35 ECTS per semester – or, between 12 and 18 U.S. semester credits.
All students MUST have a total of 8 modules approved by their home institution, in case of changes in module availability. That way, if a module is full or cancelled, or if 2 of the modules you want to take meet at the same time, you’ll already have back-ups that you know your school will accept. When you pre-register for modules (this happens after you’re accepted), you will have to list a total of 8 possible modules on your registration form, in order of preference. Maynooth University will not process your registration unless you list a total of 8 modules.
Maynooth University has a wide range of module offerings, some of which can be seen below. Modules are offered in the following SUBJECT AREAS:
- International Business
- Human Resources
- Ancient Classics
- European Studies
- Gender Studies
- Irish Studies
- Medieval Irish and Celtic Studies
- Media Studies
- Catalan Language and Culture
- Chinese Studies
- French Language
- German Language
- Irish Language
- Latin American Studies
- Portuguese Language and Culture
- Spanish Language
- Computer Science
- Design Innovation
- Electronic Engineering
- Experimental Physics
- Mathematical Physics
- Applied Social Studies
- International Relations
- Political Science
- Social Policy
Please follow these instructions to see specific Course Offerings by semester for the above-listed Subject Areas. Before clicking the link below, please read the following information! It will help you greatly in understanding how many credits each module is worth and when each module is offered.
- Click on the Subject Area you are interested in.
- Click the “Link” for the module you are interested in.
- The top of the module description will tell you: 1) when the course is offered, 2) how many credits it is worth, and 3) whether or not it is open to international students.
- Please note! Semester 1 = Fall. Semester 2 = Spring. Classes marked “Semester 1 and 2” are year-long classes and may only be taken if you are studying at Maynooth for the full academic year.
- Please note! The number of credits given does NOT designate U.S. credits. They are ECTS credits. To calculate the approximate number of U.S. semester credits, multiply the number of ECTS credits by 0.5 and round to the nearest whole number. Example: 5 ECTS = 3 U.S. semester credits.
- If the module is open to international students, you will see a green check mark next to “International.”
- Course codes beginning with 1, 2, or 3 (e.g. AN151, AN237, AN314) are generally open to undergraduate students. Course codes beginning with 6, 7, or 8 (e.g. AN652, AN862) are post-graduate modules that ARE NOT open to undergraduate students.
- It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to ensure you have the necessary pre-requisites or co-requisites as shown in the module description. Please read module descriptions carefully. Maynooth University will not let you take a module if you do not have the necessary pre-requisites/co-requisites. If you are unsure whether you have the necessary pre-requisites/co-requisites, please contact ASA at 617-327-9388.
- Timetables (class schedules) for each academic year are posted around the end of August or beginning of September (so, just before the beginning of the academic year).
- Module offerings and timetables are subject to change.
- Click here to search for modules – then SCROLL DOWN for module offerings