|Summer I 2017||click here for price||click here for dates|
Language Eligibility: Open to students with Spanish level Elementary and higher.
For additional eligibility requirements such as minimum GPA, click here.
Total contact hours: 72 per summer session. 15 contact hours = 1 semester credit. 10 contact hours = 1 quarter unit.
Possible U.S. Credits: 4 semester credits.
Final transcript is issued by the Universidad Latina de Costa Rica. Classes are taken with other American and foreign students.
San José, Costa Rica: Spanish and Community Engagement (Summer I Program)
This is a 6-week Service Learning program with a strong Spanish language and cultural immersion component, allowing students improve their language skills as well as contribute to local community development. Community work and cultural immersion are integrated into the language course.
Students will take 72 contact hours / 4 U.S. credits of Spanish Language and complete 72 hours of service learning (community work).
Available Spanish levels are:
- Beginner II Spanish Language – 72 contact hours / 4 semester credits
- Intermediate I Spanish Language – 72 contact hours / 4 semester credits
- Intermediate II Spanish Language – 72 contact hours / 4 semester credits
- Advanced Spanish Language (Grammar and Composition) – 72 contact hours / 4 semester credits
- Advanced Spanish Language (Advanced Conversation) – 72 contact hours / 4 semester credits
Course offerings are subject to change.