ASA’s student medical benefits are second to none in the study abroad field. These benefits are included in every program cost and provide an added level of protection above a student’s U.S. medical insurance.
Here are some of the important benefits our medical insurance provides:
- 100% coverage with no deductible for up to $250,000 of Medical Expenses per Covered Accident or Sickness.
- Pre-existing conditions are covered up to a maximum of $10,000.
- A budget of up to $13,500 for a parent to visit their son/daughter if they are hospitalized for more than 5 days
- Access to the doctor or hospital of your choice, whether public or private
- Up to $100,000 coverage for security evacuations
- Up to $100,000 coverage for emergency medical evacuation
- Coverage while traveling outside country of study during the official program dates
- Up to $100,000 repatriation coverage
- A budget of up to $2,500 for a plane ticket home in the event your trip is interrupted due to the death or unforeseen serious illness/injury of an immediate family member (spouse, child, parent or sibling)
In addition to the services above, we take our students’ safety and security very seriously. We maintain a 24-hour emergency phone number and an online database where our staff can find students’ emergency contact information. We also maintain an online emergency action plan that our staff can access at any time, with step-by-step instructions on how to handle various types of emergencies.